Write for the South African Young Academy of Science!
We want talented postgraduate students (Master’s & PhD) from any discipline, at any institute in South Africa, to help give a voice to our young scientists. The competition for 2018 ends 30 November 2017.
About the blog
Since April 2015, postgraduate students from across the country (and even offshore…) have been writing about their experiences in higher education here in South Africa. Each year, SAYAS members select four new bloggers in a nation-wide competition, who then publish each month on this popular site.
Do you want to be part of this blog? Do you want to give the world a glimpse of how your field, your science, your project works?
Then enter the competition to find 2018’s four new postgraduate bloggers. Any PhD/ Master’s student enrolled at a South African university can enter – no matter the discipline (social sciences, natural sciences, humanities…). Your competition entry can be absolutely anything related to your postgraduate journey – as long as it entices a wider audience to read more.
We want to hear your voice.
Send entries and queries to Aliza le Roux: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your entry should be 500-800 words long, in English, in a Word document
- Don’t be too formal — remember, you’re communicating with a wider audience, not just your postgraduate/ academic peers
- Photos and hyperlinks to relevant sites will strengthen your application
- Also send me your supervisor’s details, as you will need her/his support: should you be a winner, this is a twelve-month commitment!
- Remember the deadline: 30 November, at midnight.